Tuesday, January 24, 2012

{36 Weeks}

Today I am 36 Weeks, 4 days.

The babies are measuring in at 6 pounds 9 ounces and 6 pounds 3 ounces! We will see how accurate that is in a few days....but almost 13 pounds of babies feels about right to me! Ouch.

On Friday the babies will officially be considered full term for twins! Way to go babies!

We are so anxious to meet these two little munchkins. Andrew goes to work every day on high alert, expecting to get a call from me telling him to get his butt to the hospital! Every day his coworkers say good bye like it is the last time they will see him for a month....but every day he comes home to his severely preggo wife in the same condition he left her in that morning. He has never had worse anxiety in his life he told me :) Poor guy.

As for me, I am no longer sleeping...just taking 10-15 minute cat naps from 11pm-6am and if I am lucky an hour nap during the day when Judah decides he needs a rest :) My lack of sleep is due to a HUGE belly, aching back and worst of all this intensely itchy, crazy pregnancy rash that 1% of pregnant women are so lucky to get. My doctor said it is 10x's more itchy than poison ivy. I would have to agree. 75% of women who get it are carrying twins or boy babies....so I guess I was extra susceptible! It will go away within a few days to weeks of delivering the babies.

Today, after seeing my miserable state, my doctor said she would be inducing me this Saturday (January 28th) if I do not go into labor before then. She really could not believe I was still waddling happily around. It really helps to have an end in sight, something solid to count down to. THREE MORE DAYS at the most! I am really hoping they just decide to come on their own, but I also know I can not endure more than three days of this rapidly growing, insanely itchy hive-type rash!!!!

My mom and I hustled all over town finishing up my last minute errands and collecting an arsenal of lotions and soaps to soothe my rash and keep me from clawing myself to pieces. The best one so far works like a dream, but smells like an old man sitting by a campfire---Grandpa's Pine Tar Soap, I LOVE YOU! As we were running errands I had a few "oh my goodness" contractions, one that even made me chuck my Grandpa soap at my mom because it took my by surprise. I thought for sure things were movie' along today...but alas it looks like another labor trick.

Tomorrow is Judah's 2nd birthday! We are not sure if all three of the boys would appreciate or hate a shared birthday....it would be pretty crazy though!

Can't wait to share some pictures of our new little buddies :)


No comments:

Post a Comment