Saturday, January 7, 2012

{34 Weeks}

We reached an important week for the babies today, 34 Weeks!

My doctor said that if we could make it to 34 weeks we were golden :) If I go into labor from any point here on out they would not stop it. With the babies being a good size it is unlikely they would need any NICU time, possibly a few days at the most if they were born this week, but they are out of the woods for any major issues. SO thankful to have made it this far!

Yesterday my doctor sent me into the hospital for evaluation because of some new low back pain and stronger contractions. The babies were monitored for three hours and had great heat rates and movement. I was having contractions every 5-7 minutes, but nothing really changed in the time I was there so I was able to come home after three hours.

Tomorrow is Andrew's last day of break, I can not believe how quickly these past two weeks went by. It has been SO amazing having him around to help with everything and let me rest. Today was the worst day so far in terms of how I feel. I just hit a wall today and could barely move from the bed. Everything just hurts. Thankfully we have Andrew's first week back to work covered by mom and Andrew's mom coming down to help with Judah and take care of things around the house. I don't think I would survive the week if they were not coming!

I have been horrible at taking any pictures of myself lately...really have to do that this week, it might be one of my last opportunities!

I just have this uneasy feeling not knowing when it will happen...with Judah we had a set date and I was prepared and ready to go. But, this time it will be a surprise! On average twins arrive at 35 weeks compared to the 40 week average for a single baby...so we are really close to meeting these two boys....oh my, I don't know if I am ready! NO MORE THAN 4 weeks to go though, that's for sure! My doctor does not let twins go past 38 weeks gestation. Thank the LORD!

No comments:

Post a Comment