Monday, January 16, 2012

{35 Weeks-- It's a LONG one!}

35 weeks....I CAN NOT believe we have made it this far! With all the contractions I have been having the past 15ish weeks, I never thought these guys would still be cookin' away at this point. But, I am SO thankful that they have and that they are doing so well! God is good.

If they were born at any time now they would have fully mature lungs and only need to stop by the NICU for a quick evaluation (standard before 37 weeks).

Although I am VERY thankful for two healthy babies cookin' away in there, I can not lie, things are getting VERY uncomfortable! I am trying to be patient and keep my eye on the prize...every day they are in there is a bonus for them...but, oh my this is HARD. It is the most difficult thing I have ever done physically in my life. My pregnancy with Judah can not even compare....it was a cake walk compared to the marathon that is a twin pregnancy.

On Friday I stopped in to see my lovely doc & she said she was certain that these babes would be arriving ON THEIR OWN within the next week...on Friday she said "I wouldn't be surprised if they came tonight!" Ha....no such luck, but hopefully she was right about the whole within the next week thing! She said I was 3cm already and that baby A was super duper low...all good signs that they are just about ready to pop!

I am also measuring at 39 weeks for a singleton...FULL TERM, baby! Only, these babies amount to much more than the average single term baby...They are approx. 5.5 to 6 pounds each...wowza...that's 11-12 pounds o' baby PLUS all that other luggage they tote with them! My achin' back!

My mom was here the past 5 days helping out and getting everything ready for the babies...also hoping that MAYBE they would arrive while she was here. Little stinkers...I just know that I will go into labor as she pulls into her driveway this afternoon :) We got all the newborn and 0-3 month clothes washed and ready to go, my hospital bags packed, camera batteries charged, nursery set and house SERIOUSLY cleaned from corner to corner. WE ARE READY.

Here is a quick snap of me at 35 weeks:
(*excuse the horrible lighting*)



Also, please note the sweet photo in the background that Andrew designed for me:
FIRST A JUDAH JAY, THEN TWO FOR JOY THEY SAY...

It is (partially) from an old children's poem that goes:
(*It is referring to how many magpies (type of bird) that you see when you are pregnant*)


One for sorrow
Two for joy
Three for a girl
Four for a boy
Five for silver
Six for gold
Seven for a secret, never to be told
Eight for a wish
Nine for a kiss
Ten for a bird you must not miss

We changed it from one for sorrow, to first a Judah Jay :0)

It will be the theme of the babies' room when we move this spring! Love it.

They first time we ever heard of this poem was actually from some of the lyrics in mine and Andrew's favorite song by Jeffery Foucault called "One For Sorrow"

We LOVE that song and feel like it really speaks to our life and dreams right now.

More on that another time :)






No comments:

Post a Comment