Thursday, September 19, 2013

Days That Melt Away

The summer days have melted away faster than I thought they would, but the memories have left sticky little handprints all over my heart.

I've missed writing/blogging, but it was good to just be in those moments and let the memories be enough. 

I barely even clicked my shutter this summer. There are maybe a few hundred photos to document our many road trips, backyard campouts, visits with family and just the general day to day sweetness that was our summer.

With the pressure of needing to "capture" every moment, we sometimes forget to be in the moment.


As I sit and reflect on the memories of the summer, a few come to mind. Nothing extraordinary, but just a lot of every day ordinary, messy, {sometimes loud} and wonderful moments:


Late night drives to the lake {with soundly sleeping babes in the back} and long conversations for Andrew and I.

Hiking, exploring, diving off the old dock, rainy afternoon forts indoors, hot muggy nights spent in the screen tent waiting for a storm to break the heat, catching wiggly fish...



Road trips to see grandparents and extended family.




A special week with Uncle Jack {Andrew's brother through his birth Mom}



And then a week with Aunt Shaley & Ella {Andrew's sisters through his birth Dad}



Giant, sun ripened harvests from our garden



And many delicious meals from said ripe harvests :)



There were many games of peek-a-boo, hide and seek, Candyland, and Go Fish



And thankfully {for mama} there were plenty of nice, long afternoon naps




I hope your summer was just as packed with good memories!

I look forward to getting back to writing and reflecting on what I am learning on this crazy journey called life on my blog this fall.



No comments:

Post a Comment