Wednesday, November 30, 2011

{27 & 28 Weeks}

The past two weeks have been wonderful. Judah and I got to spend 10 days in Green Bay with family. It was SO nice to relax and rest while Grandmas and Grandpas entertained Judah :) I can hardly keep up to him these days, so it was a nice break for him too.

Thanksgiving was great, although I did not get to eat as much carb loaded goodness as I would have liked :) My diabetes is under control with diet and exercise so far and not causing any more problems. I am so thankful to have doctors who are so on top of their game!

I even made it out for black Friday with my mom and sister. Even though we were not out looking for much, it is our tradition and we just had to do it! We were crazy enough to go out at midnight-won't do that again though! We found some great deals, had a yummy breakfast and got to sleep most of the afternoon on Friday. I was pretty sore by the end of it with all the walking, er waddling, that I did :)

Other than relaxing and shopping I have been sewing up a storm the past two weeks: 6 receiving blankets, 4 crib sheets, 12 bibs, and 12 burp rags! I am a nesting maniac. I also got our entire place organized from head to toe wit the help of my organizing queen sister (and mom of course!) Heidi must have assembled 10 different new organizing contraptions. I feel 90% ready for the babies now! Just a few more things to clean, organize and order and I'll be ready to go!

Yesterday was my 28 week growth scan, my sister got to come a long and see her first ultrasound! It was awesome! The babies were so active and acting more and more like newborns. Within the first minute we got to see baby "A" give a HUGE yawn and then proceed to either kiss or bite his brother :) Both boys were head down, although baby "B" did two big flips during the ultrasound he ended the show head down again. Here are a few pictures from the ultrasound:

Baby "A" profile



Baby "B" had a head full of hair!!!


Baby "B" all squished up hiding from his brother :)


Baby "A"

Both boys are doing GREAT! Baby "A" is 3 pounds and Baby "B" is 2 lbs 15 ounces--only a 3.3% discordance....so happy!




No comments:

Post a Comment