Friday, January 24, 2014

{4 Years}

Tomorrow my sweet boy, the one who made me "Mama" turns 4 years old. How is that possible?! 



My heart aches to see my baby become so grown up, but at the same time brims with joy at the sweet young man he is becoming every day. 



I knew motherhood would shake my heart and soul up in so many ways, but I never expected the intensity and depth of it all. 

It has brought out every fault and weakness in me and amplified it, but has also shown me a strength and love I never knew I was capable of.



Oh, sweet Judah. I love you more than you will ever know, you are an extension of me and an entire new world I don't understand- you are beauty and hope and genuine unrefined life, a sweet reflection of all that really matters in this life. 



On the day you were born you brought not just a new title to my name, but a new life and a new meaning. My life was no longer about me, it was a daily giving of self, a sacrifice and a call to be more than comfortable. 



You are a gift, my greatest calling, my sweet son who I will always put before  myself. You are precious and treasured, you are worth fighting for and worth every  single dream and desire I have given up to be your Mama. You are loved. 


Happy Birthday, my sweet, joy seeking, strong son- May you seek The Lord with all your heart, serve the weak, love deeply and find joy in every season of your life. I love you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment