Sunday, October 2, 2011

{20 Weeks}


20 weeks--over half way there! :) On average, twins come at 35 weeks gestation, compared to the typical 40-41 weeks that pregnancy "normally" lasts.

Panic mode has set in at our house--SO much to do in the next 15 or so weeks! The fear of being put on bed rest has been pushed to the back of my mind. I told my doctor, "I don't have time for that!" She promised me she would not put me on bed rest "just because" I am pregnant with twins-- only if she thought that the pregnancy was at risk. So far, so good. I have not had many troubles since my morning (ALL day) sickness went away 7 weeks ago. I feel pretty "normal"--just a slower version of my normal.

We find out the gender of the babies this Thursday...it couldn't feel farther away! We are so anxious to know that we can not even talk about it with out a hint of anxiety in our voices. Knowing the sex will somehow make it more "real." We will finally be able to think of them and talk about them by name and start to prepare a little more for their arrival. But, this time, the ultrasound means so much more to me than just finding out the sex--so many more things can go awry with a twin pregnancy, so it will give me a peace of mind to know how they are growing in their little mystery world.

Here are a few pictures of our little trip to the apple orchard, including one of my round 20 week belly :)





Couldn't eat enough apples :)


"Hey, Mama, look at that plane!"



No comments:

Post a Comment