Saturday, March 3, 2012

{One Month}

I can not believe my babies are one month old...such a cliche thing to say, but I really can not wrap my mind around how this could have happened in what feels like overnight.

The days are melting away and there is nothing I can do to slow them down. It feels like we are caught up in a tornado and I am just trying to hold onto all of these little moments.

With Judah I spent every day just cuddling and savoring every minute, but with two babies AND a toddler around I am lucky to stop & hold onto one moment a day. It makes me sad in a way because I can not enjoy each of my babies the way I did Judah, individually. But there really is something so special about having two babies at once....

Twice the chubby cheeks to kiss

Twice the sweet baby smell

Twice the soft baby skin to touch

Twice the little smiles in their sleep

It is overwhelming at times how much cuteness is packed in one place :)


What I want to remember about the first month:

Learning how to carrying two babies at once
Learning how to carry two babies at once while running after a wild toddler
Seeing Andrew cuddling all three boys at once
Judah yelling, "check the baby!" whenever he hears one of them cry
The way it feels to have two sweet babies quietly gazing up at me at 3am
How incredibly tiny and sweet they are
Will's soft lamb-like cry & chin quiver
Ryder's strong, determined cry
Judah telling Andrew which baby is which & Judah being right & Andrew being wrong :)
Ryder rolling over at TWO weeks old
Will sleeping 23 hours of the day
Judah telling me, "good job mama!" when I feed the babies
Judah watching WAY too many movies
Building train tracks while nursing
Our first time taking all three kids on a road trip (to visit great grandma)
Snowy days trapped inside with my sweet family
Andrew cooking delicious meals at 9pm when we finally had time to eat :)
Changing diapers 40 times a day with my eyes closed
Midnight tinkles & many outfit changes
Loads and loads and loads of laundry
The sweet sound of the babies' gentle breathing in their sleep
Keeping track of every feeding & diaper changing on the iPad
Pizza for dinner 5 nights a week
Doing everything one handed, all the time & getting really good at it :)
Judah tickling the babies' toes
Judah licking the babies' faces and saying, "oh gross," but doing again anyway
Late nights with Andrew, both so tired we can barely talk, but smiling
Andrew never hearing the babies cry at night
Andrew getting up EVERY time to help me in the middle of the night
Being so thankful for a wonderful husband & father
Being so blessed


Both boys are about 8 lbs and 20.5 inches long
They JUST started wearing 0-3 month clothes, but can still squeeze into some newborn
Even though we rarely go anywhere I dress them up every day

Ryder has blue eyes and auburn hair
Will has one brown eye & one blue eye and his hair is dark brown
They look nothing alike.
Will has his great grandma Carol & Aunt Heidi's eyes
Ryder looks so much like his big brother Judah
Both boys have so much of Andrew in them--his hands, his toes, his smile
Will has my nose and Ryder my hair color
They are so precious, so themselves.


I took a bunch of one month pictures, I will post some soon :)


We have received so much support and love this first month...
My sister spent the first two, difficult weeks with us
I don't know how we would have survived with out her!
So many sweet friends came to entertain Judah and hold a crying baby
We have received MANY diapers, special thanks to my sweet parents!
Pizzas were homemade, ordered & baked for us
Neighbors dropped off sweet gifts & took Judah for play dates
Friends volunteered to have Judah play at their house
Others took him on fun trips like the zoo or the children's museum
My parents sent us on a much needed Valentine's dinner
Andrew's parents bought us amazing concert tickets for a great date night
So many sweet cards and gifts were sent
So many prayers on our behalf
Without all of this our first month would not have been so smooth
We made it
We survived our first month with twins and LOVED it!
We look forward to many more and give thanks for all the wonderful people who have been by our side, supporting and loving our little family.
WE LOVE YOU ALL!


No comments:

Post a Comment