Tuesday, March 6, 2012

{Some hopes & dreams}

This is something I have been wanting to blog about for awhile now, but have been afraid to put it out there for fear that it might somehow make it not less of a possibility somehow. My brain works in funny ways sometimes :)

But, I want to record this journey our family is on, so that ten years from now I can look back and see how everything unfolded...how God's hand has been on our lives in every aspect.

Andrew and I got married young, we were 21 and still in college, still trying to figure out who we were. We have never been ones to do things the "usual" way (if there is one). We knew that it would be much more difficult to get married so young, but we just wanted to grow and figure life out together. It HAS been hard, but I wouldn't change a thing. Over the past 4.5 years our hopes and dreams for the future have morphed and grown and now we finally feel like we have a complete picture of where we are headed.

We have never wanted certain milestones in our life to be defined by the "standards" of how things "should" be. For me, that has been something I truly want, but also something that is extremely difficult for me to put into motion. For Andrew, it is effortless. He knows what he wants and stands firm in what he believes, moving forward without fear. I admire him so much for that. He is the one who keeps me focused on the goal, what we really want out of life.

I like stability, predictability. I want to KNOW what is going to happen, I want a plan, I want answers. Andrew is a dreamer. A BIG dreamer, full of passion and determination to see those dreams come true. He has so much faith and confidence in me, something I lack greatly in for myself. It scares the crap out of me to take a leap and not know where we will land or how things will end up...but, I know that I would look back on our life and regret not taking these leaps and just letting life pull me down the river.

We want BIG things for our family. We want to truly LIVE life and live it to the fullest. Andrew and I have had so many conversations about our future. There have been many late nights of talking and dreaming, but in the back of my mind is always that fear...that "what if."

SO, you ask, what ARE we planning?

Well, that's a long answer :) But, in short these are some of our hopes and dreams for the future that I hope to share more about on here later:

-We want to have our kids grow up in the country, to be close to nature, to be free and barefoot like kids should be :)
-We want to be together...to find a way to work from home, to be with our kids, to be with eachother and at the same time provide for our family with the talents we have.
-We want to impact our community and teach people about healthy living
-We want to get back to the "basics"--as we like to say, "we want to get old fashioned."

So, in short that is a glimpse of what our future holds. Keep up with where we are headed by joining my blog and following along in the exciting months and years ahead :)

To close, are the lyrics to what we call "our song"--- a song by Jeffery Foucault that really captures the heart of what we dream of for our life...

ONE FOR SORROW
We'll start out with fancy sheets
And wear them down so thin
I'll get myself a coal black suit
I'll never wear again
Your Mama will give us china
And your Daddy give us hell
And when we make our getaway
They're gonna ring those wedding bells

"One for sorrow, two for joy" they say
I've had my fill of sorrow anyway

I was driving out on County N
With my high-beam headlights on
In the late night FM no man's land
Looking for a Tom Petty song
The Perseids were falling
In that hothouse August night
I saw two come down together
And I thought it looked about right

"One for sorrow, two for joy" they say
I've had my fill of sorrow anyway

And we'll have a hundred babies
And a little house outside of town
With a wood-stove and a claw-foot tub
When we're all done traveling around

"One for sorrow, two for joy" they say
And I've had my fill of sorrow anyway
And it's "one for sorrow, two for joy" I know
And I've been one for sorrow far too long
Far too long
-

No comments:

Post a Comment